UNIT 1 TEST
Circle the BEST answers
1. The Northwest Passage is…
2. Marco Polo traveled this route to Asia
3. Christopher Columbus explored this part of the world.
4. This was exchanged through the Columbian Exchange
5. The Columbian Exchange involved 3 groups of people. Native Americans, Europeans, and …
6. Native Americans are originally from Asia. They came to North America by…
7. Explorers that conquered Native Americans were called this in Spanish.
CIRCLE True or False
8. Native American (before horses) had access to resources in their region.
9. The Aztecs and their empire are still around today.
10. The Inca were conquered by the Spanish (Francisco Pizzaro).
11. Christopher Columbus found the Northwest Passage first.
12. The Spanish sent explorers to North America to set up colonies.
- Draw a line to match the group of people that was effected by the events from the
Food crops like corn and potatoes were brought to the “Old World”
“Old World’ germs were brought to the “New World”
Sugarcane was brought to the “New World”
Horses were brought to the “New World
- Choose 2 events and describe (in complete sentences) how that group was effected by